Are you looking for something to do over spring break? Something that especially means making a difference when it matters most? Well look no further! Student Life and Leadership has some great community service opportunities that are coming up during the spring break. These events need motivated individuals who want to take that time to really impact the community positively! Some opportunities are as follows:
– Greater San Diego Science and Engineering Fair
- Volunteers are needed for both general help as well as specific duties at Balboa Park and the event is until March 26th. If you are interested in helping out, click the following link, http://www.gsdsef.org/volunteer/volunteerapp.asp or go onto Student Life and Leadership’s website for more information.
– San Diego River Park Foundation – Mission Valley River and Community Clean Up
- Help clean up areas in need! This event is Saturday March 24th from 9am to 12 pm at Mission Valley East. Volunteers will meet near the 24 Hour Fitness at 5885 Rancho Mission Rd. 92108. For info and directions to the meeting site call them at 619.297.7380 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Mainly Mozart – Spotlight 2012 Concert Series
- Mainly Mozart is looking for volunteers for many of their Spotlight Concert Series. These dates are every Friday and Saturday until June 23rd, hours vary. If you are interested, email Constance at email@example.com or call 619-239-0100 ext. 310
– San Diego Center for the Blind
- Volunteers are needed for assistance in multiple areas such as transitional counseling, kitchen skills, orientation and mobility, and other areas of expertise. Volunteer dates are continuous every Monday Wednesday and Thursdays from 9:30-3:30pm. If you would like to donate your time to this event, please contact Loretta Moore at 619-583-1542 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Alliance for African Assistance
- They are looking for volunteers to help refugees in a few core areas of development which include: refugee resettlement, employment and training, and economic development. Volunteer days are Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm. If you would like to donate your time to this organization, please contact Emily Disbrow at 619-286-9052 or at Emily@alliance-for-africa.org.
As you can see, there are many volunteer opportunities for over the spring break as well as throughout the rest of the semester. Don’t be afraid to come on into the office and ask to speak with someone about opportunities as well as just going onto our website at sll.sdsu.edu and just browsing the many opportunities available to us!