National Coming Out Day & Ally Week Events, is a program sponsored by Gamma Rho Lambda in order to promote awareness and recognition for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender (LGBT) community. San Diego State University is one of the first colleges on the west coast, and only second in the nation, to offer a LGBT studies major program. The Department of LGBT Studies, the Office of Intercultural Relations, the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, & Queer (LGBTQ) Resource Area, and the SDSU LGBTQ Advisory Board have come together to put on a series of events promoting LGBT pride and representing the dense LGBT community that help shapes the form of SDSU. These events will take place from October 10th – 18th.
The Events include:
- October 10, 2012. Share Your Coming Out Story- In front of the SDSU Bookstore @ 11am-2pm
- October 11, 2012. “Out of the Closet” Open Photoshoot- In front of the SDSU Bookstore @ 10am-3pm
- October 11, 2012. Coming Out in Religious Communities-In PA 216 @ 4pm-6pm
- October 15, 2012. Ally Week & Pledge Cards- In the North Library Walkway @ 11am-2pm
- October 16, 2012. LGBTQ Ally Panel- Fourth Floor of CalpulliCenter @ 4:30pm-6pm
- October 18, 2012. LGBTQ Movie Night- Tula in Tenochca Residence Hall @ 6pm-11pm
These events are open to all students at SDSU and are a perfect way to advocate support for a community that provides so much. As Aztecs, let us come together and rally hard for this important cause.