Can you believe another year has zoomed by us? Thanksgiving is already less than two weeks away and the Winter Holidays are fast approaching! Generally, the holidays are filled will family, fun, and plenty of FOOD. We’ve done a little research and found these quick and easy recipes for delicious appetizers and festive desserts that will surely impress your family! Try them out!
Sausage Toscana Soup
1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Hearty Original Sausage Crumbles
2 slices Jimmy Dean® Fully Cooked Thick Sliced Maple Bacon, cooked, crumbled
2 cups frozen O’Brien potatoes with onions and peppers
2 cups chicken broth, divided
2 cans (15 ounces each) Great Northern beans or white beans, drained, divided
1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
2 cups fresh baby spinach
1/2 cup milk
Salt to taste
1. Combine sausage, bacon, potatoes, 1 cup chicken broth, 1 can of beans, Italian seasoning and lemon pepper in a large saucepan.
2. Place remaining can of drained beans and chicken broth in a blender container; cover and process until smooth. Stir into sausage mixture.
3. Bring soup to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in spinach and milk. Cook for 5 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
4. Season to taste with salt, if desired. Serve in bowls.
Broccoli and Cheese Smashed Potatoes
1 1/2 pounds small potatoes (recommended: Yukon gold)
1 small head broccoli
1 cup whole milk
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Halve the potatoes and add to a large pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the potatoes for 10 minutes while you trim and chop broccoli into 1/2-inch dice.
2. Add the broccoli to the potatoes and cook for 5 minutes more. Drain and return to the hot pot to dry. 3. Stir in the milk, butter and cheese and mash until the cheese melts into potatoes and broccoli.
4. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and transfer to a serving bowl, to serve.
Sausage and Cornbread Dressing
1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
1/4 cup Lucerne(R) Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter
4 stalks celery, diced (1/4-inch dice)
1 large onion, diced (3/4-inch dice)
2 (6 ounce) packages Safeway Cornbread Stuffing Mix
12 green onions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
1/4 cup coarsely chopped O Organics(TM) Fresh Parsley
2 1/3 cups Safeway Low-Sodium Chicken Broth, or as needed
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage, stirring and breaking up pieces, until browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Use slotted spoon to transfer to large bowl.
3. Add 2 tablespoons butter to skillet and melt over medium heat. Add celery and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are very tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to bowl with sausage. Add stuffing mix, green onions and parsley. Add chicken broth to desired moistness. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spoon stuffing into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Dot with the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, cut into bits. Cover with foil.
5. Bake until heated through, about 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until top is crisp and golden, about 15 minutes longer.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bonbons
|4 oz.||(1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened|
|1 pkg.||(3.9 oz.) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding|
|1 cup||thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping|
|24||miniature pretzel twists|
|1 tub||(7 oz.) BAKER’S Milk Chocolate Dipping Chocolate|
|2 Tbsp.||PLANTERS Creamy Peanut Butter|
|1/2 cup||PLANTERS COCKTAIL Peanuts, chopped|
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Gradually beat in milk. Add dry pudding mix; beat 2 min. Whisk in COOL WHIP.
- Spoon into resealable plastic bag; cut small corner from bottom of bag. Pipe about 1 Tbsp. pudding mixture into each of 24 paper-lined mini muffin cups; stand pretzel in each cup. Freeze 2 hours or until firm.
- Peel liners off bonbons. Melt dipping chocolate as directed on package; stir in peanut butter until melted. Dip bottom halves of bonbons in chocolate, then in nuts. Place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Let stand until chocolate is firm.
Pumpkin Spiced Mini Cake Balls
|3 doz.||vanilla cake donut holes (1-1/2 inch)|
|1/3 cup||cold milk|
|1 pkg.||(3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding|
|1 tsp.||pumpkin pie spice|
|1 cup||thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping|
|1/4 cup||chocolate syrup|
- Cut thin slice off each donut hole; discard. Stand donuts on cutting board; carefully cut crosswise in half.
- Mix milk, pudding mix and spice with large spoon just until moistened. Immediately stir in COOL WHIP.
- Fill donut halves with pudding mixture; press together gently to secure. Stand on plate. Drizzle with chocolate.