Love is in the air; and as Valentine’s Day looms right around the corner, so does Single Awareness Day.
Though the week is festive enough on its own, our campus also has a very exciting week to provide for its students.
The highly anticipated Greenfest artist was recently announced, and the student body is ecstatic to hear that Macklemore and Ryan Lewis will be headlining this years Greenfest at the Open Air Amphitheater on March 21st. As excitement for the event builds, here are a few things regarding ticket purchases:
1) Tickets will be released at 8 a.m., Monday, Feb. 11, at the Viejas Arena Box Office.
2) No lining up before 6 a.m.
3) Those who stand in line together, sit together. All tickets are for reserved seating — in order to sit with your friends, you must physically wait together (your ID cannot be the only thing waiting in line ).
4) MUST bring your Red ID.
5) Student tickets will be $10, guest tickets are $20; maximum one student ticket and one guest ticket per Red ID.
6) Guest tickets are limited and must be bought when purchasing a student ticket.
Aside from Greenfest news, if you’ve ever been interested in becoming a master chef at home, now is your chance! Join our SDSU on Thursday, February 14th from 12-1pm at the flagpole on Campanile Walkway to learn a few cooking tips and amazing recipes!
Also on the 14th, there will be a lecture and FREE Dessert Reception on “The Legendary Yet Unknown History of Rock ‘n’ Roll at San Diego State” by Dr. Seth Mallios at the Library in room LL-108.
On Saturday, February 16th SDSU is hosting the annual Leadership Summit organized by Student Life & Leadership! We hope you already registered because the event is sold out! If you missed out, don’t worry. There is still the Multicultural Conference coming up this year and you can mark your calendars now to remember Leadership Summit for next year!
From everyone here at the Student Life and Leadership office, we hope you all have a wonderful Valentine’s Day spent with loved ones and lots of chocolate!