ElderHelp – Help Maintain a Seniors Independence at Home!
Our campus provides tons of service opportunities, and this week we are highlighting Elderhelp – a non-profit organization helping seniors maintain independence and dignity by continuing to live in their own homes. ElderHelp relies heavily on the help of their volunteers and the volunteers are truly a vital component to the organizations success. Many senior citizens are unable to live in the comfort of their own home because they lack the “extra hands” necessary for living; ElderHelp is the solution to these problems, and the volunteers become the “extra hands” that so many senior citizens desperately need.
Volunteers do everything from helping with groceries, transportation, organizing, budgeting, yard work and minor home repairs. Above all however, volunteers build friendships with the seniors by providing ongoing assistance or by meeting many new seniors on a need base agenda.
If you are interested in becoming an ElderHelp volunteer, here are the requirements for applicable candidates:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation (Orientations held approx. every 3 weeks)
- Complete a background check and DMV check
- Complete a Volunteer Application
- One year commitment is required for being matched up one on one with a senior to provide ongoing assistance. 4-6 months is allowed for volunteers who will provide rides through our transportation program only.
For questions on volunteer opportunities please contact Carrie McClellan at 619)284-9281 or via email at email@example.com